Thursday, February 08, 2007

You do WHAT for a living?

Some of us cringe and some of us slyly grin in eager anticipation, but when someone asks and erotica writer what they do for a living, we know there’s going to be a reaction.

Personally, I kind of like it. I think I’m up front with people because 1) I know they’ll find out anyway. 2)I think it’s an uber-cool job. 3) Shock value.

People have preconceived ideas about what kind of people erotica writers are. They might think we’re a desperate man typing with one hand and doing something else with another and hasn’t so much as kissed in 15 years and we’re dealing with our sexual frustrations in font. Or maybe we’re oversexed whores willing to not only write about those things, but do them also. My personal favorite is that I’m an unclean heathen destined for hell.

Regardless of what you’ve experienced, you must readthis article .

About they myths associated with being an erotica writer. It’s an excellent article.

1 comment:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

I think it's an uber-cool job! :) I might even be a little jealous as I never got my writing career off the ground.