Monday, February 19, 2007

Attention: Blog readers.

Now, this is a neat blog directory. The people at Grokodile are trying to establish a directory of blogs by location of blogger. I think this is pretty cool.

There’s been local chat room for as long as mIRC has been around. Local yahoo and livejournal groups, but now there’s a way of finding local blogs.

But, do you have to browse locally? Heck no! I checked my hometown just to see if any of my “back in the day” friends were listed. They weren’t, but my teeny-tiny backwoods hometown WAS listed. That little speck of the world doesn’t show up on most maps, but Grokodile has them.

I’m about to sign up using this blog. I’ll be the first one in this town which is surprising, because I live in a fairly large area now.

This is a wonderful idea. Can you imagine facing a move and being able to connect with people via their blogs before you go there? You’ll be able to talk to locals and find out which neighborhoods to avoid and stuff like that. It’s also a great way to do that “friend in every state” thing that some people are doing.

To be honest, I’m surprised no one else has done this already. This is an awesome idea. Yeah, the website is a little bare, but I’m sure it will grow as word spreads.

No comments: