Sunday, February 18, 2007

What’s beautiful to me?

Here’s a neat little almost-meme.

Belisi asks, "What's Beautiful to You?", I love the look of an old growth forest at sunset. The hue of the sky tweaks the leaves almost casting them into the realm of ultra violet. It’s breath taking. I also love the smell of a forest at dawn in the early fall. The air still has a bit of crispness to it, but it feels clean and new.

The sound of a cat purring. That soothing content rumble can’t be duplicated by any means. Every time one of my little ones curls up beside me and purrs, I know that I’ve made him a very happy kitty. Happy kitties are the best kind of kitties. Watching my husband sleep. I know, that’s totally sappy, but it fills me with a sense of peace. I use that a lot in my writing. I like to have a character thing about their lover and their relationship while their lover sleeps. It’s a great time for contemplation and deep thinking. A child’s laugh—that’s another thing. There’s something clear and honest about how children laugh. They don’t care if people stare at them or find it funny too. They just laugh until they don’t want to anymore.

It does seem strange for a fashion company to ask this kind of question, but I’m glad they did. Just thinking about these things makes me feel calm and collected.

In regards to fashion and beauty. I love glasses. I have a huge glasses thing going on. I think it’s because I equate intelligence to glasses and intelligence to sexiness.



Mmm…glasses. Don’t ya just want to hurt him to make him moan?

No comments: