Thursday, February 15, 2007

Duct tape can do anything.

More proof that duct tape can fix anything.

There was a study done that shows duct tape (tape occlusion therapy) was more effective than removing warts than cryotherapy.

Nope, this wasn’t from some wacky website. Don’t trust what you read on the web? Neither do I, but I do trust the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Mayo Clinic.

According to this study...

In patients treated with duct tape, 85 percent of the warts completely resolved, compared with 60 percent in the cryotherapy group.

I wonder if the creators of duct tape had any idea how their product would be used? I’ve heard of this stuff fixing plumbing leaks (temp fix of course), fixing cars (temp fix I hope), holding together furniture, used as part of an emergency splint, used to create furniture, held together parts of an airplane (scary!) and all sorts of stuff. Now it’s been clinically proven to be effective in the removal of warts.

Ain’t innovation something? In honor of duct tape’s contribution to society and humanity, I’m going to try to use it in a story. Now, hmm...I wonder...how can an erotica writer use duct tape?

Actually, it’s not advised to use duct tape as a substitute for bondage tape. Something about the stickiness being too much for that much skin and "struggling." But, I do write fictional erotica not tales from true life stuff. I wonder how much the B&D community would scream if I paid a little homage to duct tape?

No comments: