Monday, January 15, 2007

Oh, so that’s how they do it.

I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I’ve been wondering how writer’s do those promo things. Ya know those mailers that they do. Little contests and things get mailed to a lucky reader.

I’m not too keen on Joe Schmoe reader knowing my address, so I figured I’d have to use a PO box or something. But, PO boxes can’t receive Fed Ex stuff of UPS packages. I’ve already had readers send me gifts that way. (The few I’ve gotten to know well enough to trust with my address.)

I just realized they use mail drops. Yeah, yeah, anyone who’s watched more than three episodes of Law and Order has heard of those. But, there are legit uses for these things. Mail drops can give you a PO address or a physical address; therefore, they meet all mailing needs.

According to this website…

remailing service

They’re also cheaper than PO boxes. Now, I know how to do it and I figured it out all by myself. XD

No comments: