Sunday, July 01, 2007

Chicago or BUST!!

As some of you may or may not know, I’m desperate to get to Chicago for a visit. (If you don’t know this, then you don’t follow my myspace.) But, I’m a writer. A new writer. And if you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, you know we’re paid less than minimum wage. >.<

So I need Hotel Discounts. Well, I checked out their website for my fantasy-but-it-is-gonna-be-real-dang-it trip and I was pleased with what I saw.

First, unlike some other sites, I quickly found where I typed in the destination city and the prospective dates of my trip. I can’t tell you how many times airline sites have made this a major pain.

The first page of results gave me an at-a-glance of costs and ranks for the hotel. They also provided maps and that helps me figure out how close I’d be sleeping to what is making me crave Chicago so badly. I mentioned ranks earlier, they have these stars that rank all of the hotels. I don’t know if these are user ranks or those official ranks that the hotel industry uses. Probably the official ones.

Wowza, I had no idea Chicago had so many hotels! Geez…if I would have checked all of these individually, I’d gotten NO writing done.

It seems the per day hotel stay will range from $177.00 to $400.00 a night. Ok…can someone tell me what a hotel offers that’s worth $400 for a place to sleep? Are my mountain roots showing with that?

Geez…

Now, when I click on an individual hotel, I get all sorts of goodie information about it. The site calculates my expected cost for my entire trip which is great for people like me who suck at math. The rest of the page is filled with information and pictures of the hotel everything from amenities to property rules.

Maybe I’ve been living under a rock or something, but this seems cool to me. I’ve tried other sites, but I don’t think they were this informative. Out of curiosity, I poked my nose around and checked the rates with one of the hotels directly. This really is cheaper. I refuse to type the price the hotel told me. It’s that scary.

So, everyone cross your fingers for me! I want to visit Chicago so badly I can taste it! The real scary part of this? Is that I want to get to Chicago to visit a priest. >.< Talk about jumping in the fire.

No comments: