Saturday, May 26, 2007

Do they know this is up in the Sistine Chapel?

Ok, so I was out looking for things to help get me in the right frame of mind for writing. I came across some pictures of Michelangelo’s The Last Judgment and I zoomed in to get a better look.

The fresco in question, for those of you who don’t recognize the name.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And I discovered something in this section (upper right section of the whole piece).

I don’t want to alter the pic in any way, so I’m not circling it, but…

In the center do you see the dude clinging to the column?

Now, shift your eye down and to the right.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes. That is what you think it is. Yes, they do look more intimate than the straight couple that’s beside them.

Proof that Michelangelo was a yaoi fanboy.

We better not point out to the Vatican that they have gay men on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. They’d probably paint over it.

Oh, and don’t look at me like that. It’s not weird to look at fine art as inspiration for writing. I know another erotica writer who writes to choir music.

Website from where I snagged the pictures

No comments: