Thursday, February 15, 2007

How to pay for your e-book habit.

As some of you are aware (if you’re not look at my side bar) I will occasionally have paid advertising on this blog. I participate as a “postie” with Pay Per Post.

This is how it works. Advertisers contact PPP (Pay Per Post) and pay them to pay bloggers to talk about their product or service. The bloggers or “posties” in turn check out the product or service and write what they think about it. Most advertisers expect the truth from the “posties” and do not dictate that the review has to be positive or negative. The “postie” has full control over which opportunities they take and how they handle them with in certain parameters such as providing a link or something simple like that.

Since this is a writing blog, I’m very careful about the opportunities I take and I make sure I can relate it to writing in some way shape or form. Thus far I’ve received no complaints.

PPP is starting a new thing that is resulting in higher pay outs to “posties.” This is called segmentation. Essentially, this is target demographics. Advertisers will be able to state that they only want blogs with certain PR levels (they have a way of determining the popularity of a blog), blogs that are in certain parts of the world or country, blogs that have certain topics such as tech, parenting, etc.

This has resulted in higher payouts for the posties, because advertisers who want this pay PPP more for the service. I’ve seen one opportunity that paid as much as $1,000, a few in the $50-$125 range, but most are in the $5-$15 range. My blog isn’t popular enough for the really high-end ones, but I do have a great deal of the lower ones at my disposal.

You’re limited to three posts per day and you’re required to maintain “original” content between PPP posts. They don’t want blogs that are nothing but advertising. You are required to put a disclosure tag on your blog. They want honest legit advertising not duping readers.

And, yes, you really do get paid. I’ve have actually been paid. Yes, money in the bank. Yes you really can make money blogging. No, I’m not lying to you. Honest.

Even if you only take $5 posts—that’s $15 dollars in a day. Most e-books cost between $2-$5 dollars. You can buy at least one book if not two per post. Essentially, you’re getting awesome erotica for free. Or you can save up the deposits in your pay pal account and pay a bill or go out to dinner. This won’t be anyone’s main income, but it’s something.

We all have something to say. Why not get paid to say it? I have received no complaints from my blog readers since starting this program. I’m not sure if that’s because you aren’t complaining or if you aren’t begrudging me the occasional commercial. (I rarely max out my posting potential because I want to relate it all to writing.)

If you’re thinking about this, feel free to contact me. I’m a major cynic and walked into this expecting to get scammed. I have not been. This company is legit. Yes, they’re experiencing technical problems and some growing pains now, but I can tell they’re trying to get all of that worked out.

If you’re set, check my side bar and look for the affiliate button. Click that and sign up. If you have questions contact me and I’ll do my best to answer them.

What do you have to lose other than a few moments to check it out? You could gain a whole library of e-books without touching your current budget. ^_^

No comments: