Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Obsession.

I have this thing in my head that makes me latch on to new things hard and fast. Sometimes I get bit by something that makes me stay with it for years (like Gensomaden Saiyuki). Other times my interest fades once the shiney wears off.

That's part of the reason I love writing. I can use my latch-on-ness to its full capabilities. My stories tend to be between 20-50K words. Long enough for an e-book, but not so long that the shiney wears off before I'm done writing it.

This does pose a problem for my longer pieces… I have a WIP that's already at Epic Novel size. It's taken me quite a while to get it this far and I've learned that it will have to be broken into smaller books for it to be publishable.

Oh great joy. Who---oopie.

This is bad and good. Good in so far that it breaks it into new shiney bits and I can work with my flakey personality. Bad in regards to the story doesn't make sense unless you get the whole thing.

So, now, my big one sits on my HD about three scenes away from finished while I figure out what the heck to do with it.

No comments: